about Pakistan Waste Platform
in 2017, a group was initiated to raise awareness and fill communication gaps by establishing a platform to voice the need for change on an individual, community, local, and nationwide level. The group is focused on growing discussions around current waste management and recycling practices. . The motivation is to make it easier for people living in Pakistan to choose zero waste and plastic-free lifestyles through the contributions of like-minded individuals.
As of December 2020, we transitioned to becoming a part of the International Waste Platform: Pakistan Waste Platform (PWP).
PWP is a ‘hub’ connecting stakeholders from all sectors, promoting and facilitating cross-sector collaboration, facilitating waste business development, promoting the forming a common shared vision, strategy, and action plans in collaboration across the public and private sector
scope of work
The core activities of the hub evolve around
- Mapping of stakeholders and their programs
- Promoting and facilitating collaboration cross-sector
- Promoting synergy between stakeholders
- Capacity building
- Promoting stakeholder engagement in national action plans and strategies
- Promote the forming of such national action plans and strategies in countries/regions which have not yet have developed these
- Country/ regional specific activities
- Sharing sector-wide learnings
- Sharing of benchmark projects and practices
- Connecting global solutions and learnings to local context action
- Sharing opportunities with individuals and keen learners.
link to social network